Arkista’s Ring is a top down action-adventure game exclusively published for North America by Sammy. It can also be found on Famicom bootleg carts, like my Mother’s own copy of the game. You play as Christine on a quest to find the magic Artiska’ Ring. Traversing the lands, collecting power ups, penetrating fortresses, defeating monsters and bosses to save her world.
It’s a simple and short, but charming game. It’s pretty easy too, with the power ups and the continues you have. Nothing really to it. There’s only 32 Levels and the game loops. So I guess this is ideally for gamers who like collecting points. My only complaints is that the controls are stiff and the music is really high pitched.
This game is fine, and it was one of my mom’s favorite games to play in a boring afternoon. You can beat it in less than hour and go for multiple loops. I know there’s secret jewels I missed, so try to find them all.
